Filled with chicken and 3 kinds of cheese, these Chicken Stuffed Shells are a hearty, family friendly dinner idea. This dinner recipe is made even easier by using cooked, shredded chicken as a shortcut.
- 6 oz large shell pasta
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 4 oz shredded Mozzarella, divided
- 3 oz shredded Monterey Jack
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce, store bought or homemade
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a shallow 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt generously, then add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, ricotta, 2 oz of the Mozzarella, the Monterey jack, sour cream, bread crumbs and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Fill each of the shells with the chicken and cheese mixture and then set into the prepared dish. Cover the shells with the remaining sauce, then sprinkle on the remaining 2 tablespoons of mozzarella.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe, about 3 shells each
- Calories: 356
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 361 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 63 mg
Keywords: Chicken stuffed shells, stuffed shells