A easy weeknight meal, this pasta dish is filled with lots of chicken and cheese.
- 6 ounces large shell pasta
- 1 chicken breast half, cooked and diced
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt water, then add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, ricotta cheese, 2 ounces of mozzarella cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, bread crumbs, parsley and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray and cover the bottom of the dish with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce. Fill each large shell with the chicken/cheese mixture and place in the dish. Cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven uncovered for 40 minutes; serve warm.
adapted from allrecipes.com