Only 6 minutes prep time and easy clean up, this Thirteen Spice Skillet Chicken Thighs with Creme Fraiche is a super easy, yet sophisticated weeknight meal.
- 6 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 oz creme fraiche*
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil, plus more for serving
- Pat the chicken thighs dry, then place in a large ziplock bag. Add the Old Bay Seasoning and the pepper, then seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken with the spices.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter with the vegetable oil. Add the chicken, skin side down. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over, then add the chicken stock and the lemon juice. Continue to cook until a thermometer inserted in the chicken registers 165ºF, 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Turn the heat down to low and add the creme fraiche and basil. Allow the sauce to heat through, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan and spoon the sauce over. Sprinkle with additional basil and serve.
*I ended up using 8 oz of creme fraiche because we like things saucy. Feel free to add more if wanted.
Adapted from The Quick Six Fix