If you love fluffy and soft pancakes, this really is the Best Pancake Recipe! Made from pantry staples, these pancakes are the perfect breakfast recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl (or I use a large liquid measuring cup) combine the milk and vegetable oil. Add the egg yolks to the milk and whisk to break up the yolks.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix to combine. There will still be small lumps.
- Place the egg whites in another bowl and beat until they have stiff peaks.
- Add about 1/3 of the stiff egg whites to the waffle batter and stir it in to combine and lighten the batter. Add the remaining egg whites and gently fold until no white streaks appear.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Grease with butter or with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot griddle. Let the pancakes cook until bubbles form, then flip and continue to cook until browned and cooked through.
- Continue with the remaining batter until all of the pancakes are cooked.
*I will sometimes up the flour amount by 1/4 to 1/2 cup to make thicker pancakes.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 251 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 29 mg
Keywords: pancake recipe