You can’t beat a classic, and this really is the Best Deviled Egg Recipe. A little bit sweet, a little bit sour – these are perfect for your next party or potluck.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar*
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the yolks and place in a medium bowl. Place the egg whites on a serving platter, cut side up.
- Use a fork to break up the yolks. Add the mayonnaise, chopped dill pickle, mustard powder, sugar, and vinegar. Taste, and season with salt and pepper. Remember that the egg whites aren’t seasoned, so you’ll want to over-season the filling just a bit.
- Use a piping bag or a large ziplock bag with the corner cut off to pipe the filling into the egg whites.
- Dust the top of the eggs with paprika. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
*this makes a sweet filling. You can definitely cut back on the sugar, or leave it out completely if you don’t care for any sweetness at all.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 egg half
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 95 mg
Keywords: best deviled eggs, deviled egg recipe