Quinoa and chicken are combined with quinoa, coconut milk, chiles and other veggies in these easy Thai Chicken Wraps that are a great recipe for lunch or an easy dinner.
- 1/2 cup Kroger Tri-Color Quinoa
- 1 cup Kroger Lite Coconut Milk, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon lime zest plus juice from the lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 small red fresno chile peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon Kroger low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- 4 Kroger 100% Whole Wheat flour tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- fresh cilantro
- In a fine mesh sieve, rinse the quinoa for several seconds, until the water runs clear. Combine the quinoa, 1/2 cup of the coconut milk and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover the pan. Cook until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until browned and cooked through. Add the lime zest and juice, garlic and chile peppers to the chicken and cook until the chiles are softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup coconut milk, the soy sauce, and brown sugar. Season to taste with salt. Cook for several minutes, until the coconut milk is slightly reduced.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for several seconds until pliable. Divide the quinoa between the tortillas and put it down the middle of the tortilla. Top each portion with 1/4 of the chicken mixture, some of the red bell pepper and a good sprinkling of fresh cilantro. Fold the ends over the filling, then roll up into a wrap.