Cheeseburger meets Tex-Mex meets taco night in these taco spiced cheeseburgers that are served taco style.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) package Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 8 slices cheddar cheese, about 2 oz
- 1 large avocado, pit removed peeled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 8 Old El Paso Soft Taco Tortillas
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced onions
- shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and taco seasoning. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each into a long, thin oval, about the length of the tortillas.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and lightly oil. Cook the patties on the grill pan until cooked to your desired doneness, flipping once. Once flipped, add a slice of cheese to the top to allow to melt while it finishes cooking.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole: In a bowl, mash the avocado. Stir in the green onion, cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt.
- To assemble the tacos, add a cheeseburger to each tortilla. Top with tomatoes, onions, lettuce and guacamole. Fold over to serve.