These Teriyaki Meatballs are made with a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce that is super easy and fast. The meatballs are juicy and flavorful, and the sauce is sweet, tangy, and savory. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, or for a party appetizer.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce*
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs green onion, eggs, sesame oil, ginger, salt, garlic, and pepper. Use your hands to gently combine.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. (I like to use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop to keep them uniform. You should get about 38 meatballs. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meatballs are golden brown and cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the meatballs to a large bowl. Pour the teriyaki sauce over the top of the meatballs and stir gently to coat the meatballs in the sauce.
- Serve as an appetizer, or over rice or potatoes.
I like to use my homemade teriyaki sauce. It is thicker, almost the consistency of a glaze. If you are using a store-bought teriyaki sauce, you’ll want to use teriyaki glaze. It needs to be thick enough to coat the meatballs and create a sauce.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline. Nutrition information is for meatballs only – not for rice or any toppings.
- Serving Size: about 6 meatballs
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1356 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 156 mg
Keywords: teriyaki meatballs, homemade meatballs