An easy homemade teriyaki sauce recipe made from pantry staples. This sauce is bold and thick and is great as a marinade or as a sauce served with your favorite meats.
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine the 1 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the 1/4 cup water and whisk until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan.
- Heat the sauce until it thickens to your desired thickness. If the sauce becomes too thick, add more water to thin it out.
slightly adapted from Food.com