With layers of flavor, this easy to assemble Chicken Tortilla Stack is great for a weeknight meal, or even for company.
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 9-inch flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, (shredded or cubed)
- 6 green onions, (sliced)
- shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, additional sour cream – for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, hot sauce and seasoning salt.
- In another bowl, combine all 3 cheeses.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Working with one tortilla at a time, add to the hot oil to crisp up, flipping over when the first side gets lightly brown. Continue with the remaining tortillas, adding more oil if needed.
- To assemble the stack, place 1 tortilla on the bottom of the springform pan. Spread on ⅕ of the sour cream mixture, followed by ¼ of the chicken, 2 tablespoons of green onion, and ⅕ of the cheese mixture. Add another tortilla, sour cream, chicken, green onions and cheese. Repeat 2 more times, then lay the remaining tortilla on top. Spread with the remaining sour cream mixture and top with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the stack is heated through, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes for easier slicing. Top with the remaining green onions, lettuce, tomato, avocados and more sour cream, if desired.