This Taco Tortilla Stack consists of taco seasoned ground beef that is layered with tortillas, a sour cream mixture, and lots of cheese for a fun Tex-Mex dinner recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 (9-inch) flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado and sour cream for serving
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up as it cooks. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat and stir to combine. Add the water and cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, taco sauce and taco seasoning.
- In another bowl, combine all three cheeses.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Working with one tortilla at a time, add to the hot oil to crisp up, flipping over when the first side gets lightly brown. Continue with the remaining tortillas, adding more oil when needed.
- To assemble the stack, place 1 tortilla on the bottom of the springform pan. Spread 1/5 of the sour cream mixture, followed by 1/4 of the beef mixture and 1/5 of the cheese mixture. Add another tortilla, sour cream, beef and cheese. Repeat 2 more times, then lay the remaining tortilla on top. Spread with the remaining sour cream mixture and top with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the stack is heated through, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes for easier slicing. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocados and more sour cream, if desired.
Keywords: taco tortilla stack