What is better than cheese stuffed jalapeños? Taco stuffed jalapeños, wrapped in bacon! These Taco Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers take a normal jalapeño popper and give them a delicious Tex-Mex twist.
- 15–16 fresh jalapenos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg (1 oz) Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, (softened)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and the ribs and discard.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain any grease if necessary. Add the taco seasoning and 2/3 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl, then add the cooked taco meat. Stir until combined. Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Fill each of the halved jalapeños with the taco meat, dividing evenly.
- Cut the bacon in half. Wrap one of the half slices of bacon around each of the jalapeños. Secure with a toothpick and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through. Crisp up under the broiler for a minute or two, if desired. Serve warm.
The size of jalapeños you use will determine how many poppers you will get. I had medium sized peppers and was able to fill 30 halves with the taco filling. You may get more or less depending on the size of the peppers.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 popper
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 106 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 18 mg
Keywords: jalapeno poppers, bacon wrapped jalapenos, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers