Hot dogs go Mexican with these hot dogs that are topped with guacamole and salsa and wrapped in a flour tortilla.
- 8 hot dogs
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and smashed
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- Heat a griddle or grill over medium heat. Bring about 1/2-inch of water to a boil in a saucepan. Boil the hot dogs until heated through, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer the hot dogs to the grill and cook to crisp up the casings.
- Meanwhile, combine the onion with 1 teaspoon of salt and let the salt pull the liquid out of the onions.
- Combine the avocado, tomato, lime juice and cilantro. Stir in the onions and any juice that has accumulated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put some salsa and guacamole down the center of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges of the tortilla. Place the hot dogs over the toppings, then top with cheese and wrap the tortilla around the dogs. Use toothpicks to secure the tortillas. Spray with cooking spray and grill for a few minutes on each side until brown and crisp.
Source: Rachael Ray Show