These Tex-Mex inspired hamburgers are filled with lots of Mexican goodness – including taco seasoning and crushed corn chips for that true taco flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) mild Ol El Paso taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- 4 slices cheddar jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, sour cream and salsa, for topping
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, taco seasoning, grated onion and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the crushed tortilla chips and lightly combine. Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Place the patties on the grill over medium heat. Close grill and cook, turning once, until desired doneness – about 10 minutes for medium. Top each patty with the cheese and cook just until the cheese melts.
- Layer the buns with sour cream, a patty, lettuce, tomato and salsa.