This Sweet and Spicy Ham Glaze Recipe is so easy with only 3 ingredients – jam, chipotle peppers and of course, the ham! You’ll love this easy baked ham recipe that’s a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy.
- 1 large spiral cut, bone in ham (about 10 lb)
- 2/3 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 2 chipotles in adobo, seeds removed, finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Place the ham in a shallow baking dish or roasting pan, fatty side up. (Your ham will most likely be a half ham, so you will place the ham cut side down.). Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and place in the oven to bake. Set a timer for 15-18 minutes per each pound.
- 45 minutes before the ham is done, combine the jam and the chipotles in adobo in a small dish.
- Remove the ham from the oven and uncover. With a sharp knife, score the top of the ham in a diamond pattern. Brush the glaze mixture over the top and sides of the ham.
- Return the ham to the oven and continue to bake for 45 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 145ºF is reached, basting the ham once or twice.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 572
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 61 g
- Cholesterol: 229 mg
Keywords: ham glaze recipe, baked ham recipe