These easy Sweet and Sour Meatball Skewers are made from frozen meatballs that are combined with fresh peppers and basted with an easy sweet and sour sauce.
- 32 frozen fully cooked 1-inch meatballs, thawed (1 lb.)
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Thread the peppers and meatballs alternately onto 8 skewers.
- Microwave the jam in a small bowl for 15 seconds. Add the barbecue sauce and stir to combine.
- Place the meatball skewers on the grill and brush with the sauce. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning and basting with the sauce occasionally.
- Serve warm.
recipe source: Food and Family Summer 2009
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts.
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 1034 mg
- Fat: 29 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg