A copycat of the cookie made famous by a hotel chain, these Doubletree Cookies are filled with chocolate chips and walnuts. Serve them warm for the perfect treat.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Place the oats in a blender or a food processor and pulse until they form fine crumbs. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and pulse a few times to combine.
- In a the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Once combined, add the vanilla a lemon juice and mix to combine. Add the eggs, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix just until combined. Add in both chocolate chips and the walnuts and mix just to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 24 equal portions and roll into balls. Place on the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. (I usually do 8 cookies per cookie sheet.)
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, 12-14 minutes. They may still look a tiny bit wet in the center – you don’t want to over-bake the cookies because they will continue to bake as they sit on the baking sheet.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack or a sheet of wax paper to cool.
I think that cookies bake the best if you only bake one baking sheet at a time. For this recipe, I’ll have 2 baking sheets ready to go so that I can alternate batches of cookies in the oven.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 24 g
- Sodium: 191 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 36 mg
Keywords: doubletree cookies