Perfect for a date night at home, this creamy, rich pasta dish is filled with sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and peas in a creamy sauce.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened. Remove the mushrooms to a plate.
- In the same pan, add the cream and the milk. Season with freshly grated nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a gentle simmer and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, frozen peas and reserved mushrooms. Gently stir in the sour cream.
- Stir the drained pasta into the cream mixture. Stir to coat the pasta. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.