Perfect for a date night at home, this creamy, rich pasta dish is filled with sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and peas in a creamy sauce.
The other day, my husband and I had a conversation about cooking. He asked me what I thought I would be doing – or how my life would be different – if I didn’t like cooking. Obviously, my life would be quite different since this is what I do for a living. And I can’t imagine doing anything different right now.
He then went on to tell me that he thought I was the best cook that he knew. He certainly knows the way to my heart – by giving me such a great compliment! So what did I do? I know the best way to his heart is through his stomach, so I made him pasta. Rich, creamy pasta – because that is what he likes the best.
Of course – since there was so much pressure with being the best cook that he knows and all, :), I totally ended up getting distracted and cooking my sauce down too much. But if you just gently heat it, you’ll be just fine. This is a great meal for an at-home date night. And a great way to tell that special someone that you love them!
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk
- freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened. Remove the mushrooms to a plate.
- In the same pan, add the cream and the milk. Season with freshly grated nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a gentle simmer and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, frozen peas and reserved mushrooms. Gently stir in the sour cream.
- Stir the drained pasta into the cream mixture. Stir to coat the pasta. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
More date night at home pasta dishes: