Fresh berries are the star of this chopped salad that is topped with a homemade poppy seed dressing and sugared almonds.
Poppy seed Dressing
- 1/4 cup white balsamic raspberry blush vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 cups mixed berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, sugar, mayonnaise, onion, salt and dry mustard. Process until combined. Slowly stream in the vegetable oil. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Place the almonds in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the sugar over the almonds. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sugar starts to melt and coat the almonds. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce and berries. Pour the poppy seed dressing over the top and toss to combine. Stir in the almonds and serve.