Perfect for pancakes, ice cream or as a drink mix-in, this Strawberry Syrup Recipe tastes sweet and fresh and is perfect all summer long.
- 4 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place the strawberries in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Press through a fine mesh sieve into a medium saucepan to remove all seeds. Discard seeds.
- To the strawberries, add the sugar and place over low heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then increase the heat to medium and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Skim any foam off the top of the mixture with a spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Place in a jar and refrigerate until cooled. The mixture will thicken as it cools.