Sweet pound cake waffles are topped with whipped cream and strawberries for these deliciously decadent waffles.
- 1 box pound cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- whipped cream (sweetened with a touch of powdered sugar, if desired)
- Heat a waffle iron to medium.
- Place the strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Let sit until time to serve.
- Mix the pound cake according to the box instructions. Brush melted butter on the waffle iron, or spray with non stick spray, then pour the pound cake mix onto the waffle iron. Do not overfill. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the the waffle is cooked through.
- Serve the cake waffles with the strawberries and whipped cream.
slightly adapted from The Rachael Ray Show