Strawberry Rhubarb Jam – a simple jam recipe made with fresh strawberries and rhubarb.
- 3 cups of strawberries, stems removed
- 2 cups rhubarb, cleaned and sliced
- juice of 2 freshly squeezed lemons
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 pkg. fruit pectin
- 1–2 teaspoons butter
- Place the strawberries, rhubarb and lemon juice in a large pan and simmer over gentle heat until the fruit has collapsed, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the sugar, pectin and butter and bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 10-20 minutes, or until the desired setting point is reached.
- Let cool for 8-10 minutes, then skim.
- Pour into warmed, sterilized jars and cover the tops with wax disks.
- When completely cool, cover with lids, label and store in a cool place.
from Jams and Preserves