Flank steak is cooked with peppers and onions in this Steak Stir Fry Recipe with Peppers. Fresh orange zest makes this stir fry recipe pleasantly different.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 lbs flank steak, cut across the grain into thin strips
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated or minced fresh ginger
- fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the rice vinegar, soy sauce, orange zest, sugar and 1 teaspoon of the cornstarch. Set aside.
- Place the steak in another bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then add the remaining 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and stir to coat the meat.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat the oil over high. Add the steak, working in batches if needed, and stir fry until browned but just short of being cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer the meat to a plate, then add in the onion, peppers, garlic and ginger. Stir fry until the vegetables are just tender about 5 minutes. Add the steak back into the vegetables and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the meat and vegetables and cook until it has thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish the stir fry with cilantro and serve over rice.
very slightly adapted from Kitchen Confidence
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 477
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 814 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 94 mg
Keywords: Steak Stir Fry