A little bit spicy and full of flavor, this peanut chicken doesn’t get much easier!
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- chopped peanuts, for serving
- chopped cilantro, for serving
- prepared rice, for serving
- Spray a 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the chicken. Add in the onion, tomatoes with green chiles, diced tomatoes, honey, cumin, red pepper and cinnamon.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and shred into large chunks. Return to the slow cooker and add the peanut butter. Stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken over rice, topped with chopped peanuts and chopped cilantro.