With the perfect amount of spice and a ton of flavor, this Spicy Chicken Sandwich with Cilantro Lime Mayo is so good that the family asks for it over and over again!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 5 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Spicy Chicken Sandwiches:
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 3 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 oz each) boneless chicken breasts
- 4 1/2 ounces tortilla chips (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- red onion slices
- torn lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt and lime juice and stir until smooth. Stir in the cilantro and garlic. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Combine the egg, buffalo sauce, oregano and salt in a gallon sized ziplock bag. Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally, making 4 thinner pieces of chicken. Add them to the bag and seal. Refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Place the tortilla chips in a food processor and process until crumbs. Place in a shallow dish.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, remove from the marinade and allow any excess marinade to drip off. Coat the chicken in the crushed tortilla chips. Set aside and continue with the remaining chicken.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes, then turn and cook the second side until the chicken is cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
- To serve, spread the Cilantro-Lime Mayo on the bottom of each of the rolls. Top with red onions, lettuce, and a piece of chicken. Spread some more of the mayo on the top half of the roll and place on top of the chicken.
adapted from My Recipes America’s Favorite Food
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 638
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1324 mg
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 109 mg
Keywords: spicy chicken sandwich, chicken sandwich