Start Halloween morning off with a spooky pancake breakfast with these Spiced Ghost Pancakes.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Mini chocolate chips
- Maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the Bisquick, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger. Stir in the eggs and milk.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot griddle. Cook until bubbly on top and set on the edges. Flip and cook on the second side.
- To make the whipped cream ghosts, whip the cream until thick. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and continue to beat until you have stiff peaks. Transfer the cream to a pastry bag. Pipe the ghosts on top of pancake stacks and adhere 2 mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
*Substitute 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice for the individual spices.
*The pancakes are equally delicious without the ghosts for every day.