Limeade is infused with cucumber and mint and combined with sparkling water for a refreshing summer drink.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 medium English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups sparkling water, chilled
- Combine the sugar, lime zest and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the mint leaves. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Strain the lime syrup through a fine mesh sieve. Combine the syrup with the lime juice and cucumber. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, add in the sparkling water. Serve over ice.