Love lasagna, but love the ease of spaghetti even more? You’ll go crazy for this Spaghetti Lasagna – the perfect comfort food for a cold night!
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, (casings removed)
- 1 small onion, (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic, (minced)
- 1 package (2 tablespoons) Hunt’s Recipe Ready Tomato Paste
- 1 24-oz can Hunt’s Garlic and Herb Pasta Sauce
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, (divided)
- 12 oz dry spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Combine the beef and sausage in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, breaking it up as it cooks. When it is almost browned, add the onion and continue to cook until the onions are soft and the meat is browned and cooked through. Add the garlic and cook an additional 30-60 seconds. Add the tomato paste and cook for a minute or two. Stir in the pasta sauce along with 2 teaspoons of the Italian seasoning. Bring to a bubble, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles until al dente.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, cream cheese, egg, and Parmesan cheese, along with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning. Add the cooked noodles and stir to combine.
- To assemble, place 1/2 of the noodle mixture in the bottom of a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with 1/2 of the sauce, then 1/2 of the Mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake in the preheated oven until warmed through and the cheese has melted, about 25-30 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.