Favorite southwestern flavors are cooked up and served in romaine cups in this Southwestern Lettuce Wrap Recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 3 Romaine hearts
- diced tomatoes, avocados, sliced green onions, cilantro and lime slices, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper and garlic and cook until it starts to soften. Add the ground beef and continue to cook until the beef is browned and the vegetables are soft. Stir in the taco seasoning until completely combined. Add the black beans and green chiles and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Cut the bottom 2 inches from the romaine hearts and pull apart the leaves. Serve the beef mixture in the lettuce cups, and top with your desired toppings.