A cheeseball with the southwestern of green chiles and cilantro.
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- chopped cilantro
- crackers, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheddar, cream cheese, butter, onion, garlic powder and green chile. Mix completely.
- Turn out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Form into a ball and wrap tightly. Refrigerate until set up, 2 hours to overnight.
- Place chopped cilantro on a plate. Unwrap cheeseball and roll in the cilantro until coated. Serve with crackers.