This Southwest Cheese Ball is filled with all of your favorite Tex-Mex flavors – green chiles, cheese, and cilantro. Great for parties or game nights.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- Chopped cilantro
- Assorted crackers, for serving
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the cheese, butter, onion, garlic powder, and green chiles.
- Place two pieces of plastic wrap perpendicular to each other. Place the cheese ball mixture in the middle, then wrap tightly into a ball. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Place the chopped cilantro on a plate. Turn the chilled cheese ball out onto the cilantro, then carefully roll the ball to coat in the cilantro. Transfer to a serving plate with crackers to serve.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide. Nutrition information does not include crackers for serving.
- Serving Size: 1/16 of recipe
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 146 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg
Keywords: Southwest cheese ball, southwest cheese ball recipe, cheese ball recipe