Start your morning with this breakfast bowl to top all breakfast bowls! Filling and full of flavor, this Southwestern Breakfast Bowl is the perfect breakfast.
- 1 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (4 oz) can Old El Paso diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- optional toppings: diced tomatoes, jalapeños, avocado slices, green onions, cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Place them in a bowl and coat with the olive oil. Add 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning and the 1/2 teaspoon salt and toss to coat. Spread into a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the potatoes are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, green chiles, milk and remaining 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning. Whisk until the the mixture is completely combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the butter and melt. Add the eggs and cook, stirring gently with a spatula. Continue to cook until done, but not completely dry.
- To serve, divide the potatoes between four bowls. Top with the eggs, then sprinkle cheese over the top. Add your desired toppings and serve warm.
To make it even heartier, add in some cooked bacon, sausage or ham.