This easy Southwest Chicken Salad is a great way to use up leftover chicken in a recipe that only takes minutes to throw together. Serve it as a lunch or dinner entree or smaller portions as a side dish.
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 1 small yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can or home cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake until well combined.
- To make the salad, combine all of the ingredients and toss to combine. Add the dressing and toss again to coat the salad.
adapted from Betty Crocker’s Quick and Easy Cookbook