This easy no-yeast breadstick recipe makes breadsticks that are light and flaky – a perfect addition to any meal.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in the butter until it looks like fine crumbs. Stir in the chives. Add the sour cream and stir just until it comes together in a ball.
- Lightly flour a work surface and turn the dough out. Knead the dough lightly 10 times, or until it comes together into a smooth ball. Roll the dough into a 12×8-inch rectangle. Cut it into 12 1-inch wide strips. Place them 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush lightly with the melted butter, and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
slightly adapted from Betty Crocker’s Quick and Easy Cookbook