A soft gingersnap with a chocolate twist!
- 2 cups FLOUR
- 3 tablespoons UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER
- 1/4 teaspoon SALT
- 1 teaspoon GROUND CINNAMON
- 1 teaspoon GROUND GINGER
- 1/2 teaspoon GROUND CLOVES
- 1/2 teaspoon CREAM OF TARTAR
- 1/4 teaspoon GROUND NUTMEG
- 1/2 cup UNSALTED BUTTER, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup BROWN SUGAR
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1 EGG
- 1/2 cup MOLASSES
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, spices and cream of tartar in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar together on medium high speed until well combined and fluffy. Add in egg and molasses and mix well. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Use a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop to shape the dough into balls. Roll each ball of dough into the remaining sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe Source: Savory Sweet Life Cookbook