Pie meets snickerdoodle cookie in this addictive Snickerdoodle Pie. A pie crust is topped with a soft snickerdoodle cookie center and a cinnamon caramel sauce. Serve with ice cream for a delicious dessert!
- 1 single unbaked pie crust
- 1 tablespoon raw or coarse sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Roll out the single pie crust and line a 9-inch pie dish with the crust. Crimp edges as desired.
- In a bowl, combine the tablespoon of coarse or raw sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Brush the 2 teaspoons of melted butter on the bottom of the pie crust, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the butter. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, water, corn syrup, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the brown sugar. Let the mixture boil for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the 1/4 cup softened butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, powdered sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar. Beat in the egg and the remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Slowly beat in the milk, just until combined. Add in the flour, and beat to combine.
- Spread the cookie mixture evenly into the pie dish. Slowly pour the syrup over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cover the edges of the pie with foil, and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil, and continue to bake until the top of the pie is puffed and golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 20 more minutes. Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with cinnamon ice cream or vanilla ice cream dusted with cinnamon.