Tomatoes, bacon and cream cheese make up the sauce for this easy pasta recipe. This Smoky Tomato Bacon Pasta is full of flavor!
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- One 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 pound uncooked pasta
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Pour off all but 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
- Add the yellow onion to the grease and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add in the tomatoes and crumble in the bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Add in the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.