Spanish rice made easy, by cooking it in the slow cooker!
- 1 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- Spray a 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix together all of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- slightly adapted from Betty Crocker More Slow Cooker Recipes