Boneless pork roast is slow cooked in a sweet Asian-inspired sauce and then served over rice in this Asian Slow Cooker Pork Roast.
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon Asian sweet-chili sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork roast, cut into 2 to 2 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- prepared rice, for serving
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, ginger and pepper in the bottom of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and stir to coat. Cook until the pork is cooked through, 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- When the pork is cooked, remove from the slow cooker. Pour the remaining sauce into a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch. Pour into the boiling sauce. Continue to cook until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Combine the pork and the sauce back in the slow cooker and stir to coat with the sauce. Serve the pork with the sauce over rice. Garnish with the green onions.
adapted from Real Simple Dinner Tonight: Done
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
Nutrition counts do not include rice.
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 1015 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 39 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: slow cooker pork roast, crock pot pork roast