Chicken Tostadas – Tostada shells are topped with Mexican seasoned chicken, beans and all of your desired toppings in this easy Mexican food favorite.
For the Chicken:
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1 oz) package ranch seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
For the Tostadas:
- 10 Tostada shells*
- 1 can (15 oz) refried beans
- Shredded cheese
- Avocados or guacamole
- Sour cream
- Fresh lime juice
- Hot sauce
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add the salad dressing, water, ranch seasoning, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Mix everything around to combine, making sure the chicken is in a single layer as much as possible.
- Place the top on the Instant Pot and lock the lid. Make sure the vent is closed. Select manual, adjust the pressure to high and set the time to 10 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has come to pressure and the 10 minutes have passed, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Remove the chicken from the pot to a cutting board, and using 2 forks, shred the chicken. Return to the Instant Pot and stir to coat with the liquids that are still in the Instant Pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the beans in a small pot over medium heat. (I like to add a splash of water to make the beans easier to spread.)
- If desired, you can heat the tostada shells in the oven at 350ºF for a few minutes.
- To serve, top each tostada shell with some of the refried beans, chicken, and desired toppings.
*If you don’t have tostada shells, you can bake corn tortillas that have been sprayed with cooking spray for 5 minutes on each side at 400ºF, or fry corn tortillas in hot oil.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline. Nutrition information does not include toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 tostada
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 788 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 65 mg