Chicken thighs are cooked in the slow cooker in a tomatillo and pasilla pepper mixture, then served up in tortillas for these Tomatillo Chicken Tacos.
- 1 cup jarred tomatillo salsa
- 2 pasilla peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 12–16 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 avocados, diced
- Combine the salsa, peppers, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a slow cooker. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then place in the salsa mixture.
- Cover and cook on low until the chicken is cooked and tender, 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker to a cutting board and shred the chicken using 2 forks. Return the chicken to the slow cooker, then stir in the cilantro and lime juice.
- To serve, fill each tortilla with the chicken mixture and top with diced avocados.
sightly adapted from Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2: The Easy-Prep Edition