Craving comfort food? This slow cooked chicken dish makes dinner time a snap while providing a comforting meal.
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (2 oz) jar pimientos
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- In the bottom of a slow cooker, combine the Progresso Recipe Starter and the flour. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the chicken, mushrooms and carrots. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and the carrots are tender.
- Heat the oven to 350°. Bake the biscuits according to the package directions.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and vegetables from the slow cooker into a bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm. Transfer the remaining liquid to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and allow to reduce for about 20 minutes. Return the sauce to the slow cooker and turn onto high. Add back in the chicken and vegetables as well as the pimientos and the peas. Cook just until warmed through.
- Serve the chicken and gravy over the baked biscuits.
- **Different slow cookers cook at different temperatures. Make sure you check your chicken for doneness.