Creamy and easy, these Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes are a great side dish recipe, perfect for feeding a crowd!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 oz) Pacific Organic Simply Stock Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz Gruyere cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 32 oz frozen Southern Style Hash Brown Potatoes
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Cook for a minute or two. Slowly whisk in the milk, followed by the stock. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until it is starting to thicken. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream. Add the cheese and the roasted red peppers and stir to combine.
- Spray a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Spread half of the potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Carefully spread half of the creamy mixture over the potatoes. Layer on the second half of the potatoes, then cover with the remaining creamy mixture.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, or on high for 3 hours.