A little bit spicy and packed with flavor, these Buffalo Sloppy Joes are a great dinner idea for wing lovers!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped or grated
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks. Add the carrot, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 7-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Meanwhile, combine the red wine vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, tomato sauce and chicken stock in a small bowl and whisk to combine. When the vegetables are tender, pour the sauce in and stir to combine. Cook an additional minute or two, until the mixture is thickened.
Serve the chicken mixture on top of the toasted buns. Top with crumbled blue cheese.
adapted from 30 Minute Meals
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts.
- Serving Size: 1 sloppy joe
- Calories: 552
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 1081 mg
- Fat: 29 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 42 g
- Cholesterol: 155 mg
Keywords: buffalo sloppy joe