One skillet is all you need for this easy Skillet Butternut Squash Lasagna. Easy enough for a weeknight, and all you need is one pan!
- 1 lb cubed butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups marinara sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 8 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place the butternut squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Spread the squash into a single layer, then roast until the squash is fork-tender, 25-30 minutes, stirring once or twice during baking time. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the squash, ricotta, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan, the rosemary and the nutmeg. In another bowl, combine the marinara with the basil.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the marinara in the bottom of a large nonstick skillet. (Mine is a 12-inch skillet.) Cover the marinara with 2 of the lasagna noodles. Spread half of the butternut squash mixture on the noodles, then sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella over the top. Add another layer of noodles, the rest of the butternut squash mixture, 1 cup of the marinara, and half of the remaining mozzarella. Top with the remaining noodles, the rest of the marinara, then the remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan over the top.
- Cover the skillet and cook over medium-low heat until the pasta is tender and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, check to see if the edges look dry, and if they do, add up to 1/2 cup of water.)
- Let the lasagna sit for 5 minutes before serving.
adapted from Food Network Magazine October 2014
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 643
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 879 mg
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 63 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 33 g
- Cholesterol: 57 mg
Keywords: butternut squash lasagna