Whether it’s for a date night at home a special occasion or important company, this Shrimp Pasta in White Sauce is impressive, yet easy to make!
- 12 oz fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup steamed asparagus, cut on a diagonal into 1/2 inch pieces
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt generously. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve a mug full of the pasta water. Drain, then place the pasta back into the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and slowly cook until they are starting to soften, then add the mushrooms and continue to cook until both are tender. Add the shrimp and cook until they have changed color and are cooked through.
- In another saucepan, melt the remaining 1/4 cup of butter. Add the flour and stir until combined. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth and evaporated milk. Add the garlic powder and nutmeg, then add pepper to taste. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Simmer the sauce for 5-10 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Add the shrimp mixture and the sauce to the pot with the pasta and toss to combine. If needed, add some of the pasta water to loosen up the sauce.
- Stir in the asparagus and serve.
*you can also use cream instead of evaporated milk.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 718
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 727 mg
- Fat: 30 g
- Saturated Fat: 18 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 75 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 48 g
- Cholesterol: 258 mg
Keywords: Shrimp pasta, white sauce pasta