An easy 30 minute meal, this Shrimp Orzo Skillet is simple and flavorful with shrimp, orzo, peas and lemon.
- 8 ounces large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat a large skillet with the oil over medium high heat. As skillet heats, combine salt, pepper and sugar. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Arrange the shrimp in the bottom of the skillet and cook for about 1 minute, or until the side is browned and the edges are pink. Remove the skillet from the heat and turn the shrimp over. Let stand and additional 30 seconds or until the shrimp is cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, combine the orzo, garlic, broth and clam juice. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until orzo is cooked through.
- As the orzo cooks, zest the lemon, then juice the lemon.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in peas, butter, and lemon juice. Arrange the shrimp over the orzo and let stand for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with the lemon zest before serving.
from Pampered Chef: 29 Minutes to Dinner