Fresh corn and shrimp are the stars of this salad with a hint of tex-mex.
- 2 ears corn, kernals cut off
- 12 oz cooked shrimp
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise then cut into half-moons
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 romaine hearts, torn into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, shrimp, cucumber, tomatoes, scallions, ranch and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Add in the romaine, tortilla chips and cheese and toss again.
- slightly adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray June/July 2009