A great way to use up the summer vegetables, a perfect summer dinner is done in a snap with minimal clean up with this Sheet Pan Balsamic Shrimp and Summer Vegetables.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch thick half moons
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced into 1/2-inch thick half moons
- 1 medium red, yellow or orange bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on, if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped basil leaves
- Place one oven rack in the center of the oven, and the other rack 4 inches from the top heat. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Combine the zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, tomatoes, and onion on the prepared sheet pan and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 2 tablespoons of the vinegar and the lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Roast the vegetables on the center rack until they are softened and they are beginning to brown on the edges, about 20-25 minutes. Remove the sheet pan from the oven.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place the shrimp in a large bowl and add 1/4 teaspoon salt, the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and the Worcestershire sauce. Toss gently. Let the shrimp marinate at room temperature while the vegetables are roasting.
- Once you remove the vegetables from the oven, turn the oven to broil. Scatter the shrimp and the marinade over the vegetables in a single layer. Broil on the upper rack in the oven until the shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Scatter the basil over the finished dish.
- Serve with bread or a side of couscous.
slightly adapted from Sheet Pan Suppers