These Sesame Green Beans may seem simple, but they totally pack a punch of flavor! You are only a few ingredients away from a delicious, healthy side dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds. When they start to darken, add the green beans. Cook, stirring, until the beans turn bright green. Add the garlic and stir and cook, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth and season with the salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook until the green beans are crisp tender, about 10 minutes. Uncover the skillet and continue to cook until the liquid is evaporated.
slightly adapted from allrecipes.com
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 162 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sesame green beans