A healthier take on a Chinese food favorite, this Stir Fry Sesame Chicken is an easy dinner that can be on the table in 30 minutes. It’s also non-spicy, so everyone in the family can enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- Drizzle of toasted sesame oil
- Rice or noodles, for serving
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken and cook, stirring as needed, until browned on all sides.
- Add sesame seeds and the garlic powder and stir to coat the chicken. Continue to cook until the sesame seeds are toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, hoisin sauce and pepper. Stir to coat and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cover the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover from the pan and add the broccoli. Cook until the broccoli is crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle a bit of toasted sesame oil over the top.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional sesame seeds before serving over rice or noodles.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline. Nutrition information does not include rice or noodles for serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 815 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 122 mg
Keywords: sesame chicken